Tuesday, September 30






did some unusual stuff last week, so i thought i should jot them down

wed--for one of my EL modules, we are supposed to participate actively in an online discussion forum. so, i finally prodded myself out of my inertia and wandered around and crapped in a few threads. Then, this gal Lynda actually quoted pretty extensively from one of my posts and used my words (with due acknowledgment) to illustrate her point better. This made me feel warm and happy because geez, i must be making some sense after all if she deemed my words as (so) constructive!

ya, ego maniac! but hey, it's my blog

fri--met up with howard (group leader from my Vietnam proj) at Arts canteen and yakked for several hours. i exercised terrific self-control because i didn't ask him about his BGR matters at all. which was atypical behaviour from me since i'm such a kaypoh, heee. well, he said he's looking into the possibility of learning how to cook laksa from some famous stall-holders so that he can set up his own stalls in the future. Maybe even have his soon-to-be-retired (?) parents to look after his business so that they can idle away their time

which is all very impressive to me because see, i never care to plan too much ahead (though in defence, i must say i have a legitimate reason to do so. I have NS liability :P) more importantly, howard has dreams and plans for his future and he's consciously working his way towards them. how many of us can claim likewise?

suddenly, i looked across at this potential first class honours student and active ex-NUSSU member and was quite in awe at how i got to know such a talented person in the first place.

ya, i have quite a high opinion of howard btw *grins*

sat--finally, after declining toast's offer for the longest time, i went down to Metta Cattery (in Pasir Ris) to help with the painting of the grills so that the whole place would look more cheery and inviting (is that the rationale, Fang?) i discovered i am quite a dog person after all--because there are soooo many cats and only 2 dogs (Magic and Mango) there and i found myself attached to the dogs, SNAP, just like that

which is kinda weird because it's not like i have access to dogs (and other animals) often. so how did i develop such a preference, without me being able to justify it?

hmmmm.....

anyway, hope to get more involved in Metta Cattery in the future. i have been wanting to volunteer at SPCA for like the longest time but predictably, this have come to naught. sigh sigh. (i think it's in my nature to procrastinate. i can't change this habit even if i want to. Slacker and Kaile, they go too well together)

ya, me trying to cultivate an identity as an animal lover



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home