Wednesday, July 9






After an Indian moneychanger conned me of S$5.40 over circumstances that i'm too embarrassed to reveal here, i realise that i place too much faith in the innate goodness of people. even when i have my suspicions, i'm still inclined to soften up and give others the benefit of the doubt. and when it comes to the crunch, my mind goes numbingly blank and that i can't and don't think on my feet quick enough

Argh! it's one thing not to think of yourself as streetwise; it's quite another to be proven as such. and it's not like i can excuse my ignorance because of age and cut myself some slack. other people my age are balancing family finances with job/career responsibilities. how can i be so pathetically deluded?

i was pissed off by the dishonest and cunning moneychanger but i was even more pissed off with myself for being a victim. i should have known better. i should have stood my foot down. i should have been more aggressive.

irony: i think the moneychanger took his chances initially because i look younger than my 23 years. but it's due to my babyish face that i could plead that i am just a student and managed to recoup some of my losses

oh well, i guess we all learn from our mistakes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home