Wednesday, July 30






Just now, when i was having lunch at NUS arts canteen, a RJC student approached me and asked if i could help him do a survey for his Project Work. So being the nice guy that i am, i obliged readily. But imagine questions like these

1) How do you see the United Nations as a leading world peace organization?
2) Do you think there are problems within United Nations? if so, what are they?
3) How do you think the United Nations can be improved?
4) What are some external problems that United Nations is facing? etc etc

and finally the spectaular mind-blower:

Do you see a resemblance between the United Nations and the League of Nations? ( okay, what on earth is that? someone enlighten me!)

I had a wonderful time trying to crap my way through though. Kinda reminded me of the old glorious days when I had to do likewise for Economics. Isn't it amazing how you can swiftly form multiple sentences about something you barely understand and hardly think about, if you have to?

I wanted to ask just what the League of Nations is all about but i held back when it came to the crunch. I also wanted to apologise for offering such silly, trivial answers but then decided that i shouldn't need to apologise for my ignorance.

I'm horribly superficial and shallow. My days are mind-numblingly filled by watching tons and tons of FRIENDS vcds while other people are actively building up their portfolios as broad-minded global citizens. (i mean it half in jest, half-seriously) Yet, there's a bizarre perverse sense of pride in me even as i'm declaring my "traumatisation".

RJC students! Elitism alert! Negative association! Me not like them! ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home