Monday, November 10






hmmm, i don't think anything interesting has occurred since my last entry but i feel this need to update my life on this space, so that i won't think of myself as one who takes on this blog-writing as a fad.

ya, a bit duh...an entry for self-gratification?! but well, we all operate in different ways, i suppose...:P

1) i emerged relatively unscathed from this semester of never-ending assignments. bonus pats on the shoulder because i am taking 5 modules, one more module than the rest of my hons classmates and necessarily have more things to handle on my plate.

it never ceases to amuse me how i would be struggling for viable approaches to this so-and-so assignment one day and complete the assignment the next day. i also like the way how i live dangerously, typing furiously in the dying hours before the deadline necessitates my submission. good to know i am reliable regarding this aspect.

2) dim sum buffet with hons classmates. interestingly, the discussion evolved around eating and driving, arguably two of singaporean's favorite past-times. isn't it cool how aquaintances can talk animatedly about the same topics? isn't this what the Singaporean psyche is all about?

i cant imagine making my home anywhere else

i felt really motivated and gung-ho to pick up a motorbike license, at least. but the moment has now passed and i'm back to feeling lazy

sadly, i learnt more about my classmates in one lunch than i have during this semester. but there's always next semester, ya?

3) watched 15, the gangster flick by Royston Tan

liked it so much that i hastily deleted all other movies in my Friendster profile. seriously, Titanic and I Not Stupid look like cruel jokes next to this provocative film

actually deliberated for a while because i wanted very much to extol the virtues of this film in my profile. or make a public plea so that others will feel intrigued and make a point to watch it

i feel angered that 15 wont receive the box-office sales that mainstream movies will enjoy. i feel pissed that most people will rather drown themselves in silly meaningless romantic comedies than to engage in a reality that's happening in their own backyards. i feel saddened that I Not Stupid with its patronising ending could raise so much public consciousness, publicity that 15 is more deserving of. i'm entertaining silly fantasies that maybe i would get hold of a copy of 15 and screen for my students, should i teach these errant folks next time. tell them that hey, you arent so alone after all.

yeah, 15 has the potential of unleashing the arty-farty, arrogant bastard in me. ha!

anyway, in the end, i wrote nothing except the title because i don't know what ought to be written. maybe i'm too apathetic to bother much, even after my proclaiming that 15 is excellent and so on...

i think 15 is haunting and disturbing. and i dont think i would ever live life the same way again after watching it.

big words here. i guess we shall see?

4) went to paint at Metta Cattery again. Mango, a male dog, tried to mount on Christy, another male dog!

tata




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home