Saturday, February 7

eventful day but no time to write

--suffered my first anxiety attack
--been sms-ing johnny (my hearing-impaired father informant) and he didn't seem to understand what i was requesting from him
--i thought ah, if johnny doesnt sms back, i'm screwed. no need to graduate
--at one stage, my mind totally went blank. scary

--breakthrough

--went down to SADeaf. turned out that johnny went down specially to pick me up so that i could go to his house to interview his wife and son
--guilty man. what kind of fucked-up person am i, not to put in 100% for my thesis, to treat things so shabbily and take on basic jap and YEP thailand
--johnny is so nice to me, despite having met me for the second time. i dont deserve it
--i liked the motorbike ride tho'. made mi gian to learn motobike

--reached house
--i am the odd one out, except for johnny's hearing children
--hearing-impaired gathering. they gambling in front of the children! but who am i to judge?

--found out lots of things man....like S'pore School for the Deaf taught Chinese Sign Lang before and no, that isn't equivalent to Shanghainese Sign
--spent loads of time talking to the mother Cassandra, who was very very nice
--sometimes Cassandra didnt understand me, so this hearing-impaired person acted as my interpreter. fancy that!

--Cassandra asked me to tutor her son in Eng
--i agreed, tho' i know i am biting more than i can chew liaoz. but i wanna reciprocrate in return.
--and quality time isnt the way to go about this. i need to spend lots and lots and lots of time with the family so that i can do them credit in my thesis
--except that i prob cant give 100%. looks like my guilt trip will last till march

--i think it's meant to be that i write this thesis. i don't know why. maybe becos so many pple are helping out with my thesis one way or another that i feel this strong sense of predestination. and thank God for these people's presence


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home