Saturday, August 14

80th post

was looking at titles in Orchard Popular when a well-dressed white-haired man came over and pointed to the Marvel Superheroes titles behind me and started rambling on about these cartoon characters. then, he struck a conversation with me, asking me for my favourite character and giving tips on how to puncture tyres with a wire or something. i maintained eye contact with him, keeping up a decorum of polite interest at first becos i didn't want him to feel hurt. i thought that there's a part of him that would understand whether this skinny bespectacled teenage-looking stranger, me, was paying attention and i didn't want to deny him this thread to humanity. though, i soon freaked out a little and walked away from him. he didn't cease talking and followed me for a bit, to my discomfort.

why was he there at this point in time? was any body looking out for him? if he were alone, could he go home by himself?

i wondered how easy it is to slip over sanity's edge. and felt inexplicable emotions welling up

i found out that i would be going back army next thursday.

would miss my decadent lifestyle these two months
would miss staying up til 4+ am becos there wasn't anything to attend to the following day
would miss waking up at noon and having brunch
would miss my afternoon naps
would miss the luxury of devouring books single-mindedly
would miss the mind-numbing pleasure of finishing 2 (even 3!) movie vcds in one day
would miss updating this blog at a regular basis, despite the slight hurdle of my boring life
would miss exploring my inner self or letting this core be unexamined, depending on my whims
would miss being lazy

would mourn the end of this era before rejoining the rat race, full-battle-order


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home