Thursday, August 5

i'm quite ashamed that

angeline had to send this sms "Are you alive? You ignored me!! :( never reply my smses n my blog comment on ur blog man" before i was prodded out of my inertia

"so what have you been doing?" the most commonly asked question whenever people see me now

well, i have slipped quite comfortably into a depravity that's alarmingly routine. thing is, contrary to others' expectations, i kinda like this hiatus. not every 24-year-old can self-righteously defend his choice of spending his days mindlessly doing nothing. it's an addictively gorgeous lifestyle, once one gets used to the idea of staying at home.

except that i have grown too fond of mind-numbing myself on a diet of vcds, reading material, online surfing and even frivolous i-should-have-known-better-than-to-waste-time-like-that computer games like Hearts and FreeCell.

it's like i have switched to lethargy mode. between passive absorption and active mental activity, it's a no-brainer that i would choose the former option, man. it's so much easier to go with the flow and place another disc into the vcd player than to aggravate my dreary brain to think of responses to smses/blog comments.

not that i haven't realised so before but i was weak and continued to indulge my weakness. now that angeline has provided the stimulus, i should get a freaking grip on myself and maintain my friendships more diligently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home