Sunday, September 5

getting used to run-of-the-mill ending

--brushing teeth after napping in bed after breakfast becos my branch mates do it.
--looking out of the window from where i sleep and admiring the sun strategically framed in all its orange-glow entirety
--listening to mates congregrate together at night and trade ghost stories about Tekong (notably, "stand by organs"). taking back my smug and dismissive impressions that non-cheong-sua clerks won't get to experience camaraderie
--finding my tempo in a 8km run. that, after feeling pain in my right hamstring and being concerned that i may not be able to complete the run
--realizing the draining aftereffects of 0800-2200 hours mind-numbing office work
--spending my birthday in camp. cutting my second birthday cake of all time (black forest cake)
--wondering if branch politics is present, as choy and chris make it out to be
--coping with weekday confinement better than was the case 4 years ago. knowing when to relinquish control over my life and to refrain from whining about it--a sign of coming-of-age calm acceptance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home